Saturday 14 January 2012

The sound of Azealia Banks

When I started this blog the last thing I wanted was for it to be twee, in that sickly sweet (yet still frankly gorgeous) Cherry Menlove kinda way. For anyone yet to discover the musings of this improbably named domestic goddess, I suggest you check her out. Yes, you will sigh enviously over her perfect life, and develop a hankering for a floral wall, but it's all just a little too removed from reality for me. However, looking at this page in its current state (complete with images of pink macaroons, quirky chandeliers and vintage bunting),and I feel I may already have popped my saccharine cherry - so to speak. So a big round of applause goes to Azealia Banks, for being the antithesis of cupcakes and Cath Kidston.


Yes, you may want to wash her mouth out with some handmade, lavender-scented soap, but I love her beats, her attitude and her old-school Mickey Mouse jumper. Zane Lowe really should take over Radio 1's breakfast show more often; the only artist Chris Moyles has ever introduced me to is Olly Murs. 'Nuff said.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment