Tuesday 10 January 2012

The three Bs: Bobbi Brown Bronzer

The January blues have hit with a vengeance. Monday to Friday I travel to and from the terracotta palace under cover of darkness, and, with the exception of a 'few' visits to the kitchen (tea intake for today: 11 cups), I rarely leave my desk. As for daylight, forget it; the only sun in my world is artificial. The result? A complexion that belongs to an albino reptile and a mood that belongs under a rock. But - and this has required a LOT of trial and error - help is most certainly at hand.
Enter my skin saviour: Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in Golden Light (1), a silky smooth make-up guaranteed to add a healthy, natural glow to even the most wan of cheeks.
Now, as a somewhat make-up obsessed girl (understatement), I have been through my fair share of bronzers. And the ones that leave bits of glitter, make you look like you've been smeared in mud or, worse, like an Essex extra (actually, who am I trying to kid? I secretly love this look) should be banished forever. So forget the three Bs. This life-giving make-up gets three As.

But despite having discovered the holy grail of bronzers, what I really want is the real thing. I'm currently trying to convince the D-boy that while a February holiday to Gambia may not be good for the pocket, it's certainly good for the soul. A motivating factor to continue with the gym, sugar- and alcohol-free regimen, just in case.

Aaaah, sun, sea, sand (and hammock), how I crave thee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment